I thought about quitting today.
Not because I didn’t want to work out, but because it was late and I was tired when I got home. It is Black Friday afterall, and I had just spent my evening shopping. I went straight after work, skipping dinner like a true shopaholic, and tried to scout out the best deals (or what’s left after people have picked through everything during the day). I managed to get some stuff, but the deals weren’t as good as I had hoped. Alas, my wallet was saved.
When I got home, it was close to 10pm. I was tired and hungry, and I knew the workout would be at least an hour. After mulling it over for a bit, I decided to go straight to my workout and eat after. Wow, such commitment.
Day 4. I’m past the halfway mark of the first week, and I’m already feeling small changes to my body. Maybe its all psychological or maybe I’m actually getting some muscle definition. Either way, I’m not complaining. I do feel a bit of shoulder pain, but that’s also from stress and sitting at my computer all day long. I’ve been massaging it out and hoping to make it go away. My left knee is feeling a bit wonky as well, especially when I’m doing lunges, so I tried not to go as deep for those ones. I went a bit easier on my body today, given that I was really tired and that my muscles were hurting a bit more. Hey, at least I’m working out, right? I did an extra long stretching and foam rolling session today, so hopefully it won’t be so bad tomorrow!
I’ve taken Lisa’s workout directly from her BodyRock website with some of my modifications.
Timer is set to 10 seconds rest & 30 seconds work for 60 rounds. There is a burnout session at the end, 10 seconds rest & 60 seconds work for 4 rounds.
The first 10 seconds is a break, followed by 30 seconds skipping, 10 seconds break, and a 30-second round of an exercise (listed below).
- Squat & Knee To Elbow Lift (Alternate L&R Knee) [using Barbell]
- Dive Bombers
- Prison Squats and Left Kick [using Barbell]
- Prison Squats and Right Kick [using Barbell]
- Tricep Dips
- Weighted Low Jack Prisoner Jumps [using Hand Weights]
- Sit Up [using Barbell]
- Straight Punches [using Hand Weights]
- Weighted Frog Jump & Burpee – Forward & Back [using Medicine Ball]
- Forward Lunge & Left Side Lunge [using Barbell]
- Forward Lunge & Right Side Lunge [using Barbell]
- Push-Up & Arm Lifts (L&R Alternate)
- Side Oblique Abs (L&R Alternate)
- Knee Lift Kick Over Lunge (L&R Alternate)
- Squat Jumps
- Clean & Press & Lunge (L&R Alternate Lunge) [using Medicine Ball]
- 10 High Knees & Push Ups
- Plank Jumps
- Weighted Lunge & Twist [using Medicine Ball]
- Weighted Hip Thrusts [using Medicine Ball]
- Plank Jumps
- Chuck & Tuck [using Medicine Ball]
- 1/2 Burpee
- Wide Leg Squats [using Barbell]
- Core Splits
- Standing Front Raise & Side Raise [using Hand Weights]
- Clean & Press [using Barbell]
To Finish – The Burnout (1 min each)
- Hip Swings [using Hand Weights]
- Squat & Touch The Floor
- Dive Bombers